For the Chocolate sponge
- Butter Unsalted – 85 gms
- Castor Sugar – 85 gms
- Flour – 55 gms
- Cocoa powder – 26 gms
- Baking powder – 5 gms
- Salt a pinch
- Water 110ml
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and mix it until creamy and lighter in colour, using a whisk.
- Sieve flour and add all the dry products into a bowl.
- Mix everything together and slowly add water to it.
- Line a baking tray with butter paper. Put the mixture in the tray at 1 cm height.
- Bake it in an oven for 9-10 minutes or until dark brown and springy to touch.
For the Frosting
- Callebaut Dark Chocolate – 150 gms
- Amul Cream – 100 ml
- Amul Milk – 50 ml
- Pour the cream and milk into a small saucepan and place it over medium-low heat for a few minutes. Keep an eye on the cream, it’s not necessary to boil or simmer it. It just needs to get hot. The cream is ready when you can place a finger in the cream and keep it there for 3 to 4 seconds. Turn off the flame and remove the cream from the stove.
- Scoop the chocolate into the cream. Stir gently so that chocolate is mixed with cream. Keep it aside for some time to set.
- Sugar Syrup – 150 ml
- Mascarpone cheese – 200gms
- Ganache – 250gms
Unroll the cake. And brush with sugar syrup.
Spread mascarpone cheese and roll it. Set it in a fridge for one hour
Spread chocolate ganache on top of it and make wood pattern with a fork on the surface of the roll
For garnish you can use Xmas garnish which are readily available in market